Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gallery Night

The Gathering Room Gallery Night proved to be one truly successful event! My month of creating, preparing and lack of sleep was well worth the effort. The restaurant's lot was so over-packed, many had to find street parking. I'm happy to see that the postcards did their job!


I also owe a huge 'thank you' to the Waterford Post, the local paper, that did an article on the event and interviewed me and my mom about the art show. There was a steady flow of people from the time we opened the doors until about 9:30pm. For a first time art show, I'd say we did a great job. But being so busy, I hardly had time to photograph, let alone get any pictures of me or my friends or the other artists! Thanks to my amazing friend Stephanie who took some of these pictures. As soon as I get more in, I will be sure to post them as well.


On a side note, I worked myself a little too hard & ended up... *sniffle* *cough* *sneeze* making myself pretty sick. For as much work as an artist gives, she must give back to herself. So where does that leave my elegant journey?

Right at the beginning! While I do feel the need to step away from my art for a bit and get well, rest assured my journey has just begun. There are many great things to follow like my favorite art books, transforming my studio into a workable space and exciting give-aways to name a few.

Again, thank you to all my friends and family that came to support us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very proud of you. Gallery night was GRRRREAT and a lot of fun!!

Love, dee:)

All Things Lovely said...

I LOVE your shoe picture! Congratulations on the gallery. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails