Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Canon Rebel XSI

Okay so by now I've chilled out a bit, but on Christmas Eve I got one of the best gifts EVER from my love, Joey. Through the year, I had always talked about how 'one day' I'd save up to buy an SLR. I love my Canon PowerShot, and it works beautifully for some things, but I knew if I wanted to have complete control over a photo, I'd need to upgrade. You can imagine my surprise when I opened this:


I am *so* in love with Canon! The camera has so many features I have to get used to, but for now, here are some random photos I took as I played around to get used to my new toy.


The best part was Joey's reasoning behind such an elaborate gift: He believes in me. He sees my passion for creating, for illustrating, for sharing it with the world. As I said before- 2009 is going to be a fantastic year for Elegant Journey. I have a few tricks up my sleeve - I've been pushing past my fears and can't wait to share all my experiences with you.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

gah! you lucky lucky girl! i asked for one too...but i think i got a better present...an engagement ring hehehe

have TONS of fun playing with your new toy!!!

lori vliegen said...

what a sweetheart to give you such a thoughtful gift!! i know that you'll have fun with your new camera...can't wait to see all of the wonderful things you do with it! and...congrats on working through your fears! i'm trying to work on that, too!

happy new year! :)

Grandma G said...

What a great gift! I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with it!

Linnao said...

I'll definately stop by from time to time to follow your journey! Great pictures! Very generous Man!

Stephanie said...

Gotta those those to-die-for-one-of-a-kind boyfriends. Can't wait to see some more rockin' images. Hope you had a great New Years!

f2images said...

Congrats! You deserve it. I hope it helps you get your beautiful work out there even more! How exciting :)

jean benabou said...

Wow! I am soooo envious!
Have a wonderful new year taking fantastic pictures!

Rachel said...

I got a Nikon from my significant and fell in love too!!! Aren't you having the most fun ever?

kim* said...

i have a good camera but nothing close to that... one day when i can afford to buy it :)

Melissa said...

Ah, lucky you! It's so nice when you are supported by your significant other.

Melissa
MadisonReeceDesigns

The Lewis Family said...

So jealous :) My fil got one for his bday (the week before Christmas) and they really are amazing :) Have fun with the toy!
~C

dawnaclark said...

Congrats! I stumbled across your blog and an definitely intrigued! I bookmarked it and can't wait to see the journey! BTW-my DH got me the same xmas gift! It's truly AMAZING!. Interestingly enough he told me he got it for me because he knew "that's your thing"! I was really pleasantly surprised as I had the original Canon Digi Rebel and it's been a great camera, but I was thrilled to get the new one. Aren't the images fabulous! Try the macro setting-if you haven't already. I took the photos of several of my xmas ornaments I want to showcase and was beyond thrilled with the images! Have fun! TFS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails