Sunday, March 22, 2009

Prisoner of Hope

YOU KNOW that feeling you get when you're *so* frustrated or discouraged with something you just want to give up? Recently I've learned that I need to keep positive thoughts in my head no matter what my situation may hold. Even if I don't feel positive, I can speak positive things and my emotions will start to catch up with my thoughts. I started in on a new piece to remind me of that mindset called, Prisoner of Hope. It reminds me that I cannot be defeated and I will not quit.

AND I started back in on some card-making. Spring colors. I kind of find it therapeutic. No computer work, no rules,... just buttons, ribbon, paper and stitches.


Anyone here have art shops online? I think I will open up a temporary shop until I can get my site finished. What do you like using, Etsy or BigCartel?

8 comments:

Heather said...

I'm not familiar with either of those, but I've seen a lot of rave reviews for Artfire lately. They have a free option if you want to dip your toes in to test it out.

Lexy. said...

I haven't tried BigCartel, but I do have an Etsy shop. Etsy is MASSIVE. I opened mine a little too soon - I should have waited until I had the time to put enough effort into it.

I grabbed one of those $7 ArtFire accounts before they all ran out, but haven't added anything yet. I'll let you know how it goes! I like the idea of being involved in the early stages. I wish I had a shop on Etsy when it first started up!!

I do like these cards though. I think I need to learn how to stitch a straight line. There's so many things I want to add stitching to!!

Jennifer Katherine said...

Well, I ended up paying for a year of hosting for my own site (which has yet to be designed). I think I should've tried something like BigCartel first so I didn't have to worry about too much of the technical stuff. Oh well. Live and learn, right?

But yeah...uh, straight lines on my crazy machine.....that's hard! Mine has a mind of it's own. You lift your foot off the pedal and instead of stopping, it speeds up so fast you think it's gonna take off into space.

Ronnie said...

Cards are gorgeous!
I feel like a needle in a haystack on Etsy!

Amanda Dagg said...

I think your cards are beautiful and full of fun! Keep up the great work!

jean benabou said...

Very nice. I like the beautiful color combinations.

den10studio said...

Your cards are really nice. I love your color choices.

I have an Etsy shop and agree with the "needle in a haystack" feeling. It is very hard to get noticed on Etsy. I have wanted to look into Dwanda (which is similar to Etsy). I have read their "search" and "tag" features are better.

Love your blog!

Jennifer Katherine said...

Thanks Kayrn!
Your blog is really inspirational as well. I saw you have a website now too...or maybe it's just that I haven't been online in a while. Either way,...love it! Simplicity rules. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails