Monday, January 11, 2010

Not Your Grandma's Quilt

LATELY I've become *obsessed* with fabric and patterns and all things made of thread. Somehow I got this crazy idea in my head that I wanted to sew a quilt, but where in the world to begin? I just started sewing a couple months ago and a quilt seemed like a rather daunting task.

Let's see, how can I simplify this?

Just plain, simple squares should do it. I mean, what can be so difficult about sewing squares together, right? When you look at it that way, it doesn't seem so overwhelming. So here's where I'm at. It's 5 x 6 ft. I loved coordinating and laying out the solid blocks of color together. It makes more of a graphic statement than a frilly, shabby chic lookin' grandma quilt.


Still have to put the batting and back part together and then sew a little button where each square meets up to bind the layers together.

'Till next time.... here's some quilts that inspire me from Red Pepper Quilts:


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this:) God has given you such a wonderful talent, Jennifer!
luv, dee:)

RED PEPPER QUILTS said...

Congrats on your first quilt! My first quilt was also tied rather than quilted, and to this day is still a favorite on the couch. Love the colors/fabrics you have chosen, a lovely soft palette.

Thank you for sharing my quilts on your blog.

Rita

Ann's ART said...

I love your blog. It is very cute and well thought out. I will have to bookmark you!!

Jennifer Katherine said...

Thank you! I'll put up pictures of it when it's finished :)

Marea said...

You're blog is very different and although I can't put my finger on what is so different about it, I really like it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails