Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

The sunshine inspired this photo I took of a jar of old buttons my grandma so graciously donated to me.


This little birdie pin cushion from my dear friend, Dee, kept me company while sewing.


Pinned my quilt 'sandwich' together (meaning the top quilt, the batting and then the bottom) so I could sew 99 buttons on. By hand. And then after stitching one button on, I quickly changed my mind. I gotta figure out how to sew on about half of that and then maybe just use embroidery floss to stitch the leftover spaces together. I'll show you what I mean later on when I'm finished.


Oh yes,...and I also developed a small obsession with the new Jell-O chocolate mousse cups:


*ehem* Dr. Mr. Jell-O company: Please review and revise your six cup package design to hold twenty-four cups instead. One for each hour of the day. Thank you.

4 comments:

Candied Fabrics said...

Does your sewing machine have a button hole function? If so it may also have the function to sew on BUTTONS! My Bernina can do this, and it is awesome! Definitely worth a look at the manual!

Jennifer Katherine said...

Hmm, I'll have to look! Although, even though it's a pain to sew them on by hand it's kind of easier since the blanket is queen size. Actually, now that I've done about 20, I've got the hang of it and it's not so bad! :)

Craftiness said...

I love your jar of buttons:) I have a collection of buttons in several jars. They are fun to play with and create with.

Jennifer Katherine said...

Thank you! I actually think I have a small 'problem' with collecting buttons! *giggle*

Related Posts with Thumbnails